Thursday, May 11, 2006

 

About

I am starting the Shangri-La Diet today, and I am starting this blog at the same time, to keep a diary of my progress. Hopefully this will help other people who are considering this diet.

My weight today is 199 lbs. I am 5'5", so this is way too heavy. I would be happy to lose 50 lbs, getting to 150 lbs, but actually a better weight for me would be around 130 - 140 lbs. We'll see how it goes.

About a year ago, my blood sugar was a little high. It was not diabetes yet, but it was higher than it should be (I guess you could call it pre-diabetes). So the doctor prescribed a glucose monitor so that I could check it once in a while, to make sure it is not getting too high. It is best if it stays under 100 (first thing in the morning before eating). I tested my blood sugar today, and it is at 97.

I plan to check my blood sugar from time to time during the diet, to make sure that the sugar water is not elevating my blood sugar too much.

Please remember that this blog is only my experience with the diet. It is not to be taken as a recommendation. Check with your doctor before going on any diet.



<< Home